Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Cutter's View

There are lots of places that you can find information about my favorite subject - Diamonds.

Literally mountains of information, everything from the common Big 4C's - color, clarity, carat weight and cost; to that arcane Little Tiny C - the culet, is readily available on-line. But, let's face it... information isn't knowledge.

It seems to me that lots of information is actually the same old stuff being tweaked and rehashed. That's not what I want to do. My vision is focused on helping folks see through the clutter. I'm a firm believer in point of view. As Gil Scott-Heron used to say... "if you don't stand for something, you'll go for anything."

That doesn't mean I don't want to hear from you, and it doesn't mean that I won't post your comments, and it doesn't mean that I won't respond. Because I will.

It means that after 35 years in the diamond trade - after learning something new about these wonderful gems almost every single day - I want to share some of my professional thoughts and personal opinions with a wider audience.

Field notes from a Diamond Geezer!

No comments: